Saturday, August 27, 2011

HAPPINESS AND DRAFTS AND OH MY GOD.

So, last night, SOMETHING HAPPENED.
And I know that sounds wrong. But no, THAT did not happen. PERV.
I finished the first draft of my book!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*insert happy dance*
SO, I worked on this book for a week and two days exactly, and OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE I FINISHED IT. There came a time when I thought, "I'm not gonna finish it. EVER."
That, fortunately, only lasted for about a week or so. And then I finished four chapters in a day. AND WITH THAT I FINISHED THE DRAFT.
Oh, I'm incredibly happy. I won't write or edit throughout September (well, kind of, unless I'm in school and bored like I've been for the past two weeks). So yeah, I've started a new WIP. But I won't write it outside of school until October. Thought that'd be fun.
OH AND I MUST EDIT THIS ONE. FOR MY FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY.
So many things to do, so little time. :)

Anyway, the point of this post is that even though it may seem like you can't finish a draft or a song or an essay or whatever it is you just can't seem to finish that is very important to you, you'll finish it. When you're ready to and inspiration strikes, you'll be able to finish. It might come suddenly, and it might now. Either way, it will come, whether it's now or ten years from now.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats that's just so awesome ^_^
    how's school life? I hope all is well \\_//\\_// cheers ^_~

    ReplyDelete